Friday Fancies: Express Yourself


What a great prompt for my brand-new blog.
So, folks at home (or convent hot-spot), this is me.

I kinda-sorta-almost don't match, but it works.
I'm a little bit too much, but it works.
I'm drawn to fall tones all year, but it works.
I don't go anywhere without coffee, or I don't work.

I love corduroy* and cable knit, leather and tartan, high boots and long sweaters.
If I could have wedged a tweed blazer and a cheetah print scarf in there, believe me I would have.

If I were to wear this oh-me-oh-my, oh-so-perfect outfit I would pair it with a matte neutral eye (but with a strong crease) some subtle blush, and a raspberry lip. 

Maybe once I lose all the weight I'm trying to run off I'll treat myself to this outfit.
Well, a version of it. The boots alone are more than my monthly budget.

I can't wait to see what defines everyone else!


*If I ever release an album of acoustic covers of my favorite songs, I'm going to call it The Corduroy Noise

This entry was posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

7 Responses to “Friday Fancies: Express Yourself”

  1. Okay - I like you! Fellow old school punker here that totally digs Kate Spade but still wears Docs and still listens to Stiff Little Fingers. :)

    Your outfit is perfect! I would have chosen all of these things, too.

    Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad to have found a kindred spirit ;)

      Delete
  2. So glad to have found you via the link-up! I love this outfit, especially the elbow-patch cardigan and those boots (which are out of my budget too!)

    Jamie
    forevereightyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know... $350 on sale is still way too much for a pair of shoes

      Delete
  3. This outfit is everything I ever wanted. So glad I found your blog through FF!

    xo
    Erin
    http://smartificialsweetener.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the coat you picked for your FF set!

      Delete
  4. Love the elbow-patch sweater and Tory Burch boots. Great outfit!

    www.chelseagrey.com

    ReplyDelete